Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Institute Graduation

Usually I plan out everything in my life - for example, school. I knew exactly which classes I was going to take which semester and I knew exactly when I was going to graduate. For some reason, I didn't do the same thing with LDS Institute. Although I took classes every semester, I didn't have everything mapped out so that I would graduate. That's why it came as a suprise a couple of months ago when I got a letter in the mail saying I had completed the required credit hours to graduate.

Graduation was this last Sunday, and it was really good. I'm so glad I took the opportunity to take Institute classes and participate in the committees (even though their meetings were at 6:30 in the morning). Not only have I furthered my spiritual education, but I have met a lot of awesome people.

My roommate Mary also graduated. Here is a pic of us:

2 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

Congrats! I am the same way. I mapped it all out, but I didn't know that you coud actually graduate from institute. Now looking at it, DUH! you do get credits for going to each class and you have to register each semester...good for you! Thats such an accomplishment.

Brea Marie said...

Congradulations! That is really quite the accomplishment. Good job Tawni!