Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conference Weekend

I had a fantastic Conference weekend, complete with 2 Girls Nights Out.

Friday:
Me, Stacey, Kristianne, and Jenny went to Nickelcade (my first time!) and tore up the place playing Deal or No Deal, Tetris, and many other arcade games.









Me and Stacey boat racing. We were in deep concentration.








Kristianne and Jenny boat racing. This game didn't give any tickets, but it was really fun.

















I played that one game where the light goes around and around and you have to hit the button when the light is on "Jackpot". I blew a lot of nickels on this one, winning 0, 1, or 2 tickets each time. Finally I decided my life was worth more than the time I was spending on this game, so I took out 5 more nickels to finish off with. With my fifth and last nickel, I hit the Jackpot! That's 217 tickets you see in that picture! I was way excited - the tickets just kept coming out!
While at Nickelcade I saw a guy I knew on a date there. I decided it was more fun to be there with a bunch of girls than it would have been with a date.
Saturday:
After the afternoon session of conference a bunch of us girls met to go down to the Cheesecake Factory in SLC. When we got there it looked like all the other women in Utah had the same idea. There was a 4 1/2 hour wait. So basically we would have gotten in when they were closing. So we split up and scouted out a couple of other restaurants to check out their wait times. We decided on Macaroni Grill, whose wait was only an hour and a half. While we waited we went to Borders where some of us looked at wedding hair-do magazines, and others taught the girl at the cafe how to make frozen hot chocolate. Then we waited the last half hour at the restaurant and enjoyed the cheese bread and shot glasses of Butterfinger shakes.














The Sunglasses Chicas waiting to be seated (yes, I know we were inside, but we're cool enough that it didn't matter that we were wearing sunglasses in a dark room).














Julie, Andrea, and Sarah waiting
Also while we were waiting we noticed a commotion in the middle of the dining area. Apparently it is Macaroni Grill's 20th anniversary, and every hour or so they draw checks and give a couple of tables their meals for free. We were pretty stoked and hoped the same would happen to us. While we were eating the chef (who is the one giving away the free meals) came by our table and asked if there was a Tiffany there. Well, there was, and he asked if she was missing a driver's license because he had found one. It wasn't hers, but we talked to him for a little while and told him it would be ok with us if he drew out our check the next time they gave away free meals. He said he would do what he could. About 20 minutes later the time came for the drawing. He drew the first ticket....and it wasn't us. Then he turned to us and yelled, "I'm pulling for you girls!" He drew the second ticket...and it wasn't us. Later he came by our table and apologized for not drawing our ticket, but asked if we would like some desserts on him. We said, thanks, but no thanks. Psych! We totally said yes. So he brought around the most delicious chocolate cake AND cheescake! So as Andrea said, "We got our cheesecake and we ate it too." Here we are with Chef Brandon. What a guy. Too bad he was married:













Sunday:
Spent the day at my parents' house where we watched Conference of course. According to tradition I accidentally fell asleep during the afternoon session (I don't know why I always do that, it's like a curse). Here is some of my family watching:













My brother Colton wowed us with some acrobatical moves:


















And Maggie watched with us.












So all in all, it was a great weekend.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love great weekends! They just revive you for the coming week. Especially conference weekend! :) I'm glad we hung out and ate cheesecake! Mmmm...Chef Brandon. I mean, cheesecake!

Tiff said...

Aww...You got to have 2 girls night out's! How fun is that! I'm glad we got to hang out on Saturday. It was great meeting you! BTW, I'm actually not going to Australia...I wish!! However, if I ever do I'll be sure to keep a close eye on my luggage! That's awesome you served in NY. I served in the Virginia Richmond Mission. Aren't missions wonderful!?!