Saturday, April 26, 2008

Goal

So I've had a goal for the last 2 years to lose all my mission weight, but....let's just say I haven't done so well. I lost a few pounds right after I came home from the change in diet (tons of rice everyday = weight gain), but I kind of plateaued after that. Since there is a higher probability of reaching a goal if you write it down and tell people about it, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. So here's my goal: lose 5 pounds by the time I go to Guatemala in July. That's not so hard right?

My biggest problem is lack of self-control. I happen to love food, a little too much at times. I also work at an office where the majority of my department eats out just about every day. So even if I bring lunch, I still go along when invited. No more! I'm going to have self-control! Before my mission I never ate breakfast and rarely ate lunch and I think that's how I kept my weight down, even though it wasn't very healthy. I definitely won't be doing that again because I can't stand to be hungry. So I'm going to eat healthier, smaller portions and not eat out so much. That's how I'll reach my goal. I'm already pretty good at exercising; the biggest part is the food.

Ok, so now it's written down and I've told people. Now comes the hard part: not eating all the brownies on my kitchen counter....

4 comments:

Rodarte Family said...

Food is one of my major vices as well : ) Good luck with your goal!

Tiff and Chris said...

Its hard to resist, I know. I find myself making brownies and then letting them sit and torture me! So, I just have not made them in awhile :) GOod luck with your goal, you can do it!

Erin said...

Blah! That's what i need to do too. Good job and good luck.

Unknown said...

Hey Levi and I are joining 24 hour fitness. You want to do it too? I guess if you join one you can go to any of them and you don't have to sign a contract.