Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Blind Date Update

A few people have asked me how the blind date went last weekend, so here's how it went:

Actually, let me give you a little background first on how it all worked out. The person who set us up is in my parent's ward and she asked my mom if she could set me up with her little brother. So my mom asked me if it was all right, and for some reason I was ok with it (like I said in my earlier post, it has been a while since I agreed to a blind date). Julie (the sister that set us up) had given Jake (my date) a 7-course Italian meal cooked by her and her husband for him and a date for his Christmas present. So that's what we did.

So I got to Julie's house and Jake was already there. Julie opened the door and she was holding one of her twins (just born about 3 months ago) and Jake was on the couch feeding the other twin. Then Julie asked me if I wanted to feed the twin that she was holding. Of course I said yes. So for the first little while Jake and I sat on the couch feeding the twins. It was great! I couldn't have asked for something better to do.

Then came dinner, which was oh so good. The 7 courses were:

Prosciutto (ham) and mozzarella
Bread w/ oil and vinegar
Salad
Pasta
Chicken
Ice cream (spumoni)
Fruit

All in all it was a fun date. And yes, if he called I would go out with him again. So we'll see.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Just stopping by to say "Hi" to make sure I got the right blog. Glad to see everything is going well (outside of the psycho guy problem).

Hello to your mom as well, as I saw she was leaving comments so hopefully she sees this, and any of your friends I met.