Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Volleyball

Last night I went to my parent's house to do some planning with my mom for the thing that I'll be writing about in the future. I forgot, though, that my youngest sister Bethany had a volleyball game at Layton High that day, and that's where my mom was when I got home so I went and watched too. Bethany was on the team at North Layton all 3 years and now she's on the sophomore team at Northridge. They play best out of 5 and I guess usually they win the first 3 so they don't have to go on after that, but this time Layton won the first one, we won the next 2, then Layton won the 4th and finally we won the 5th. It was really fun to watch. I haven't been able to watch her play for a very long time and this will probably be one of the last times I get to.

Getting ready for the serve

The reason why she's wearing a gray shirt while the rest of the team wears red is because she is the labero (sp?). A labero can sub in for any position on the back row, while the other players can only sub in for certain players/positions. She made some pretty sweet saves back there!

My brother Colton was there too. We were sitting by some of our neighbors with there 3 little kids who all happen to love Colton. As soon as he sat down they jumped on him. Here he is with two of them. The youngest is sitting on his other side.

2 comments:

Melody said...

estas comprometida?

Tiff and Chris said...

How fun! I coach volleyball...its so fun to watch and play. Libero is an awesome position to play, she must be really good at digging the ball. Congrats by the way!