Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mission reunion

Well it's that time of year again. General conference always brings mission reunions. Mine are only held in the fall and it was last night. Derek came with me and met some of my companions and people that I served with. It was a nice, casual reunion this time. We had a potato bar for dinner and then we could mingle or play Chino ball (a form of handball we played in NY) or leave or whatever. It was great to see some of my companions and their spouses and some of the elders that I served with. It's crazy to find out what has gone on in people's lives the last couple of years. And it's funny to see what elders wear when they're wearing normal clothes, because when you see them in a shirt and tie every day for two years you can't tell what their real style is. I'll just say there were some interesting styles there.

I forgot to take my camera out :( so I don't have any pictures, but it was a really fun night and I'm really glad I went. Derek even "knew" someone from his mission - and elder that I served with in Brooklyn who is from Korea where Derek went on his mission. He lived in Derek's first area and then got called to NY. Crazy!

No comments: