Friday, October 10, 2008

Domesticated

So yesterday I did the first "big" domestic thing in my life. I made jam! That's a big jump from frozen dinners, let me tell ya. Not that I don't like to cook, I just don't have a lot of time to do it. Anyways, so the jam. Derek's mom helped me make it out of green tomatoes from her garden and raspberry jello. What kind of jam is it you ask? Mock Raspberry Jam. I tried some that she made a few weeks ago and it's soooo good and tastes just like raspberry jam. And it's a whole lot cheaper to make. It was really easy, just took a little time. We got 10 jars made though, which is about half of what I need.

3 comments:

Melody said...

Okay, you're definitely going to have to post the recipe for that one. Sounds VERY interesting.

Brea Marie said...

I agree with Melody. Post the recipe. It sounds fun. My parents make raspberry jam with fresh raspberries from their garden every year. I can not eat store bought raspberry jam. Sick! I would love to give your jam a try though!

Donna Jaco said...

You can give me some for Christmas, or even make another batch--that was really good!