Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween at work

I love Halloween! It's a great chance to dress up and be something that you would never be. About half the people at my company dress up. We have a costume contest and a department decoration contest. Then the employees' kids come in the afternoon and trick-or-treat around the office and have treats in our big conference room.

Derek's mom made my costume this year. I'm a vampire/countess and I love it! It matches Derek's costume (except his is red). He's a vampire and a mighty fine one at that ;). Here are a few pictures from work:

Me

Marci is "Miss MasterControl" supplying all our software solutions

Beth is a domino

I decorated our department with "dead" bodies and tombstones w/ personalized epitaphs for everyone. Here are a few:

Mine. It reads:
Here lies Tawni Jaco
Getting married you know
Her leaving's a blow
Now she's below.

Curt (my boss):
Here lies Curt the boss
A big BYU fan
He screamed like a madman
And lost his head due to their loss.

Jason:
Here lies Jason Clegg
All in all a pretty good egg

Michael:
Here lies Michael Bothe
For his good work ethic we gave him this trophy.
He didn't like it--he thought it was too scary
So he jumped in the river and yelled, "Death come and get me!"

Marci:
Here lies good ol' Marci Crane
She lacked a headline
And so missed a deadline
And that's how the newsletter became her bane


I'll post more pictures later after I see Derek in his costume.

2 comments:

Rodarte Family said...

Great costume!

Donna Jaco said...

You look great & all your office decor.