Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dreams


Derek and I always talk about the dreams we have every night. His are quite vivid and he has them often. Mine are pretty rare occurences and I usually only get bits and pieces. It had been a while since I had a dream that I remembered, and I finally had one last night. It wasn't very exciting, but Mia Hamm was one of the main players (get it? "player"? Like a soccer player? Ok, maybe that's stretching it).

So I was at Mia Hamm's house. I'm not sure what I was doing there, but it was a huge house. Maybe I was like a new maid or something. Anyways, she asked me to take something up to her bedroom, so I did, and while I was there I figured I should look around a little because it was a HUGE room. And way nice. I went into the bathroom and she even had a top of the line washer and dryer in there. Then the thought came to my mind that I had been up there for a while and she was probably wondering where I was and I didn't want her to think that I was snooping around, so I quickly walked out into the hallway. She was coming up the stairs at that point and invited me to come back into the room. We went and looked at the washer and dryer and she pointed out that they weren't working and that some guy (she said his name, and I actually work with him. Not sure where that came from) was supposed to fix it, but everytime he did it still didn't work. So that was random. The whole washer/dryer thing probably came from....well Derek has a gas dryer and we need a washer to go with it. So maybe that's where it came from.

Then all of a sudden I was in some Latino country (probably Guatemala) and I was in a car with some kids that we were taking to live with a new family. I might have been one of the kids, I can't remember. Anyways, we got to the house, and it was mostly outside. Like the food/kitchen and everything was outside in a fenced-in yard. I just remember thinking that they weren't the most comfortable, sanitary living conditions. That probably came from the time I spent in Guate over the summer. A large portion of the orphanage was outside the building, including the kitchen/eating area.

So that's my dream. The coolest part of course was being in Mia Hamm's house.

No comments: