Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween after work

After work on Friday I drove to Derek's house, where he was all ready and in his costume. I did his makeup for him and we took some pictures. He was pretty creepy looking. A neighbor kid came to the door trick-or-treating and he was scared to death of him. Then Derek wouldn't leave the poor guy alone and he almost fell off the porch. I think it was the fangs that really got to him.

Here we are in all our creepiness



Then we went to Burger King to get something to eat (I know, it's not the most Halloween-ish place to eat, but we had coupons that expired that day!) and then went to my parents' to show off our costumes. There were a few trick-or-treaters that came by while we were there, but none of them were scared by us because they were too enamored by Maggie the dog. She thought everyone was coming over to see her, of course, and all the kids in the neighborhood lover her so she got a lot of attention. I didn't take any pictures, but she wasn't dressed up this year anyway, even though she does have a lobster costume and a Santa outfit.

Then Derek and I went to the Institute Halloween dance/activity. There were a TON of people there - more than I have ever seen at an Institute activity in Ogden. We only ended up staying for about 1/2 an hour, because out of all the people there we couldn't seem to find anyone we knew. And they weren't playing any slow songs. In the past I wouldn't have minded that, but now that I'm actually with someone, a slow song or two would have been nice. So we left and watched The Office instead.

Oh, and today I found out the results of the costume contest at work. I tied for first in the Prettiest/Handsomest costume category!

No comments: