Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Regression

Before I went to Guatemala I felt like I was doing really well with my weight loss/exercise goals. I had my routine down pat, from the foods I bought to what time I exercised every night. Two things interrupted my routine:

1 - The trip to Guate. This was a big throw off because of course, I couldn't follow my daily schedule or prepare my own food. Don't get me wrong, I loved the food down there, but there was a lot of it. My exercise really suffered as well. I went "running" a couple of times (the only place I had to go was the hall of the hotel), but other than that I didn't get much done. So when I got home it was harder to get back into the habit I had previously formed. I was also used to eating a lot and kind of fell back into my old habits of eating more than I should.

2 - A new roommate. You wouldn't think this would be something that would throw off my routine, but I think any major change affects whatever routine you may have. Also, when I use my exercise dvds I don't like anyone else to be around (I'm just weird like that), so I have to get used to when she is and isn't home.

So when I stepped on the scale this morning I was pretty horrified by the numbers. Time to get back to the routine! So the last couple of days my lunches have been smaller and I've tried to exercise a little. It'll take a little while to get back into the habit, but if I did it before, I can do it again.

It's too bad I don't hate eating.

No comments: