Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Moving Day

On Saturday we moved all of Derek's stuff up to Logan so he could start school at USU yesterday! It was kind of a bittersweet time. I'm way excited for him to be up there and I love Logan and everything but...I miss him. He says he misses me too, so that's good.

His dad and brother helped move his stuff up too, and after we got everything into his apartment they took us to lunch at El Sol. We all got the lunch special - $4.99 for a bean and cheese enchilada and a bean tostada! Then they left and I went with Derek back to his place. I tried helping him by organizing the clothes in his closet and putting his lamp together. Then I laid on his amazingly comfortable Sleep Number bed while I watched him do the rest.

If you think you've seen a busy Wal-mart, you need to go to the one in Logan on the Saturday before school starts. We went to return something and it was insane! I've never seen so many people at Wal-mart in my life. You could tell they were all students going on their first grocery shopping trip. A lot of them had parents with them. I saw one shopping cart loaded with food and an ironing board. Very necessary.

Later we went and walked around campus with Derek's friend Scott to find the buildings where his classes are. There were a lot of cool statues around, like this one:


For dinner Scott and his wife Raquel and their two kids joined us for dinner at Firehouse Pizza. Oh man, if you haven't been to Firehouse Pizza, you need to go. There's one in Logan, one in Smithfield, and one in Centerville. They have the best focaccia bread and an amazing little dessert called a ph'zookie. If you haven't had the honor of eating a ph'zookie let me know and I'll go to Firehouse with you.

After dinner we watched a few episodes of The Office, and then it was time for me to leave so I wouldn't fall asleep driving so I said goodbye to Derek :( and drove home. I don't think I've ever been so excited for the weekend!

1 comment:

Brea Marie said...

How fun! I have never heard of Firehouse Pizza. I will definetly give it a try. You two look so cute together!