Friday, August 1, 2008

Me, Myself and Derek

I had a request from my dear compa Melody to give a little introductory spiel about Derek. Some of you may have noticed a bunch of blogs and pictures of him recently and may be wondering - who the heck is this guy? Well, let me tell you.

On June 6 my friend Nick got married to the lovely Lynette down in Manti. I didn't feel like driving down all alone, so I asked my friend Steve, who was also going, if I could get a ride. He said he was riding with none other than.....Derek! I had never met Derek before, but I had heard his name a lot from Nick & Steve. So I asked Steve if he thought he would mind if I rode with them. So he asked and it was ok so at 7 am on the 6th of June I met them at Derek's house and we all rode down together. Derek's dad actually came along as well to spend the day with his mom-in-law helping her set up her iPod. So that was the first time I met Derek and we were basically together the whole day. It was a 3-hour drive down, then there was the wedding, then pictures and the luncheon. Then we spent a few hours at Derek's grandma's house and then went to the reception, went back to the house, and then there was a 3-hour drive home. During all that time I just thought he was a really nice, funny guy. He even let me use his suit jacket when the wind kept lifting up my skirt!

Sometime during that afternoon someone brought up Ironman, and I hadn't seen it yet and I mentioned that everyone else I knew had already seen it so I didn't have anyone else to see it with. Well, Derek took the bite :) and said, "Well I'll go see it with you" and I said "Ok" and he asked if I was doing anything the next night (Saturday). Well, I had a date the next night so I had to say no, but we scheduled our movie night for the next Saturday.

So Saturday, June 14 rolled around and we went to Ruby River for dinner, went to the arcade where we won some bouncy balls and a buzzer, and then saw Ironman. It was so much fun and I really wanted him to ask me out again. A few days later he called and we went out again! And again. And again. And it just kept going. I think I've blogged about most things we've done. Wednesday, July 23 we were officially "in a relationship." We even changed our relationship status on Facebook and everything :).

So that's the jist of it. Thanks to Nick getting married (which I thought would never happen ;) ), I met Derek and now I can't imagine not knowing him! Thanks for the good times Derek! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Snap! You changed your relationship status on Facebook?! That's some serious stuff!

Melody said...

Hooray! Congrats! and Thanks! He sounds like a gem, I'm excited to meet him... I was really hoping after I left that last comment that he wasn't just your cousin or something. Lol!

Sheryl said...

Fun stuff! You two make a cute couple! :)