Friday, September 5, 2008

Women and jewelry

So I had my Cookie Lee party last night - thanks to all those who came! As the consultant was setting out all the jewelry before the show started, I couldn't help but gaze and drool. Why is that? What is it with women and jewelry? I asked her that and she laughed and said it's the same with women and chocolate. We don't really know why. Then we discussed the possibilities. It makes us feel pretty, it's sparkly, and we feel more feminine. And it has something to do with shopping and putting outfits together. Accessories are a must to help women feel more "put together".

So the party started and I tried on jewelry with everyone else, but I also kind of sat back and watched. It was really interesting watching people look, try on, and then debate with themselves - this one or that one? darn, I wish I had money. should I really spend this much? At one point I walked in the room and saw my friend with like 5 necklaces hanging from her wrist. I couldn't help but laugh, especially when she bought them all. ;)

I admit, I also got caught up in the whole spree. Actually, when I went to a Cookie Lee party that my friend hosted a couple of months ago, they had to give me a basket to put everything in because I just couldn't decide what I wanted. Last night, since I was hosting, I got some pretty killer deals and ended up getting 6 pieces of jewelry for $60 incl. tax. If you divide that up, it's $10/piece which is about what you'd spend at Target or Wal-mart. Actually, I take that back. The jewelry that I got wouldn't be that cheap even at those stores. Maybe at Claire's, but theirs would be cheaper quality. So I justified this expenditure by telling myself that it was a GREAT deal. And I really did get some nice stuff which I'm excited to wear. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to buy some new clothes to go with it.

No comments: