Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend update

On Friday some friends and I went to Firehouse for dinner to kind of celebrate my birthday. It was as good as ever. I have to make a slight correction though - the last Firehouse post I did I said the dessert was a ph'zookie, when it's actually spelled fh'zookie. Our waiter didn't even ask us if we wanted one, which I thought was kind of funny. He just brought us our checks when we were almost finished with our food. He probably could have made more money if he had asked, because I probably would have ordered one. Oh well. I probably saved myself another 500 calories.

Here's all of us at Firehouse. I just love these girls!

After we ate we swam in Kristianne's pool. While we waited for her to get the cover off Julie and I decided to jump on the tramp. We tried to take jumping pictures and were finally successful with attempt #4.


The pool was heated and it felt sooooo good because it was a little chilly outside. But after we got used to the temperature it started getting cold, so we weren't in for very long. So we got out, changed, and went to a bonfire that another friend was having. It's probably one of the last ones of the summer :( so I'm really glad we went.

On Saturday I finally got to see Derek! I drove up to Logan and got there in time for us to make lunch together and chocolate-covered strawberries. Yum. Then we decided to drive up Logan Canyon. I've been up a few canyons in my life, but this one was probably one of the prettiest. I just love being outside (or in a car driving through a canyon) and away from life. We kept driving and ended up going all the way to Bear Lake, which really isn't that far - maybe about 1/2 hour. I was excited because I'd never been up there before. It was beautiful! The water was so clear, it was like looking into a pool w/ a sandy bottom. The weather was so nice too. It was just a great day.

Then we drove back and did a couple of errands and went to Chili's for dinner, then got Aggie ice cream. It was so good, and I forgot to take a picture! Sigh. After that we drove over to the fairgrounds for the demolition derby, which was awesome. It was the first time either of us had ever been to one and we really liked it. Especially Derek. What guy doesn't like watching a bunch of trucks run into each other? He had a smile on his face the whole time, it was so cute :) At one point he was standing up and I looked up and saw him grinning away so I had to take a picture. I think I startled him, but I think it's cute.


Some of the trucks going at it. Notice the smoke coming out of some of them. These trucks were all pieces of junk, so they died pretty quickly.

No comments: