Monday, September 15, 2008

Why does the weekend always go too fast?

I feel like I just barely blogged about last weekend, and now here it's time to write about another one. Lately, for me at least, the weeks have been DRAGGING and the weekends have gone by in a flash.

Derek came home this weekend! Yay! On Friday my parent's ward had a picnic in the park with pizza and stuff, so we stopped by there for dinner (I never say no to free food!) and from there went to my friend's house for a bonfire - the last one of the year :( It was lots of fun, thanks Stacey!

On Saturday Derek's family had a yard sale. They're trying to sell their house so are trying to clear it out. I looooove yard sales. They're great places to do a little people-watching. And the weather was so nice that day, perfect for a yard sale. I picked up a few things, including a really sweet birthday present for my mom. Growth in Grandmothering cassettes by Barbara Smith. Nice yeah? Just kidding - I did give it to her, but it was just her joke present. I got her something else too.

Later that day I got to play the piano at McKay-Dee Hospital. A couple of days previous I found out that Maci, a sister from my mission was in the NICU there with her premature twins who were born just a couple of weeks ago. While I was playing her mom came down and said, "Hey, I'm Maci's mom! Go up and visit her!" I was so glad she came and found me so that I could visit. One of the twins had already been taken back down to the hospital in Provo (where they live), so I only got to see one of them - she was so tiny! I had never seen a preemie in real life before. Pictures really don't emphasize how small they really are. It was really good to see Maci as well - it's been a while!

Then Derek and I made chicken cordon bleu; it was the first time I had made it and it turned out pretty good. We finished off the night with a little Forrest Gump, my fav movie!

Sunday we had a relaxing day and celebrated my mom's b-day a couple days early. There's nothing better than cake, ice cream and a bunch of family all together on a Sunday afternoon!

1 comment:

Milly said...

I sure wish I had fun weekends. This weekend I cleaned the house. that was all. Happy birthday to your mom, and I think sometime you need to come and cook over here, so I can try some of the great food you are always making. Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my favs.