Friday, September 19, 2008

Goodbye Snowbird

It's over!!!! After months of planning and three days of conference meetings, the Masters Summit at Snowbird is finally over. I can't really even describe how good this feels to be done with something that has taken over my whole existence (at least while I'm at work). Oh, and I forgot to bring my hairspray, so I was hairspray-less the whole time. It was a really good conference though, and everyone, customers and employees, had good things to say and thought we did a great job - especially for this being our first one. I think it went pretty well too, especially thanks to the Snowbird staff. They really did a great job.

Last night dinner was "on your own" so my coworker Marci and I decided to be antisocial and just stick to ourselves. We ate at the Mexican restaurant here called El Chanate and then walked around outside a little. It is sooooo beautiful here. Even for the few days we have been here, the leaves have changed more and more. We took a few pictures on our jaunt:

I was hoping to get more of the fall colors in this pic, but oh well. It still looks pretty good.

Marci and I sitting on the Alpine Slide

Whoa!

When we got back we watched The Office in my room. It was the season 4 finale to get ready for next week's season premiere! Yes! Then I talked to Derek and went to bed, where I slept for 8 hours. It even took a full minute or two for me to hear my alarm this morning.

I got up this morning hoping that things would go smoothly for the last day and that it would be stress-free. I should have known it wouldn't really be stress-free. A couple of hours before lunch our CEO decided he wanted to take some customers on the tram ride during lunch. So we had to figure out how to get them box lunches to take with, order the tram tickets, and set up a sign-up sheet because the place making the lunches could only make a max of 15 in the amount of time we had given them. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but we also had some set-up problems this morning, so this just added to it. So they got to the tram right before it left, and the food wasn't there....apparently it really was and they just hadn't unloaded it. So they missed the 12:00 tram and ended up eating their lunch on tables at the loading dock, and then went up on the 12:30 tram, which made them a few minutes late for the next sessions, which started at 1. But it's ok because they had a good time, although I heard it was actually snowing a little at the top. It's a lot colder today than it has been the last couple of days.

The rest of the afternoon was very calm though, and now I'm just sitting here in the lodge waiting to leave. I'm heading to Pleasant Grove to have a sleepover with one of my mission companions, but she doesn't get off until 8:30, and there's no way I'm driving back home to Ogden and turning around to drive down there. So I'm catching up on my blogging while I wait. Yay, it's Friday!

1 comment:

Donna Jaco said...

Way to go! Nothing more beautiful than the mountains in the fall.