Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wedding bells and tractors

On Friday my friends Nick and Lynette got married in the Manti temple, so I tagged along with some friends, Steve, Derek, and Derek's dad for the long ride down. On the way down I mentioned something about wanting to live on a farm and Derek's dad said "I'd like to see you on a tractor." Then he mentioned that his mother-in-law (where he was going for the day while we were at the wedding) had a tractor and I would have to drive it around while we were down there.

So we got to Manti and went to the wedding, which was beautiful of course. The weather outside was also beautiful except for a pretty strong wind that would not leave my skirt alone. After flashing everybody one too many times, Derek offered me his suit jacket to help hold it down. It definitely did the trick. Unfortunately I was so busy trying to keep my skirt down that I didn't ever take any pictures of the bride and groom! Oh well. I'm sure they'll have plenty. Then we went to the wedding breakfast and afterwards went to the house with the tractor. When we got there I got a BIG hug from Derek's grandma (she gave great hugs) and his dad reminded me that I needed to get on the tractor. So we went outside and he went into the shed to get it out. Things seemed a little fishy when I noticed that the shed was a little small for a tractor. When he brought it out I started cracking up because it looked like this:

Derek, Steve and me with the tractor:

Apparently this tractor has been around for a very long time and it's still in fabulous condition. I had a great time with it and will always remember the first time I got to sit on a tractor.

Later we went to the reception held in Gunnison, Lynette's hometown. Then we returned to the house with the tractor again and hung out for a little while, ate pizza, and watched TV before the long drive home. It was a long day, but a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Is that Steve Carter?

Tawni said...

Yes

Rodarte Family said...

Yee Haw! Any thoughts about a career change? You look like you'd make a great cowgirl!

Brea Marie said...

How cute!! I want a tractor like that!