Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Waterfall Canyon


On Saturday (sorry I'm so slow in posting) a couple of friends and I crossed off two things on my Summer To Do list. I've been wanting to go on a hike for a long time, so finally I just invited people to come and whoever wanted to could just show up. Unfortunately a lot of people had to work and the weather was pretty rainy, but Andrea, Julie and I braved the weather to ascend Waterfall Canyon. That was the first thing I crossed off my list.

It didn't start raining until right after we started hiking, and then it rained and hailed for most of the way up. But did we let it get us down? No! We tramped our way up, with a few stops along the way, until we made it to the top where there was a beautiful waterfall and blue skies to greet us.

On our way up we:

Found a heart-shaped rock! Second thing crossed off the To Do list.

Crossed a log bridge surrounded by a 'raging river of death!' (Name that movie)

When we got there we:

Took pictures of the waterfall and the awesome view.


Ate our snacks.

We stayed at the top for about 45 minutes just chilling (literally. The mist from the waterfall was freezing), eating and hiking around a little more. We ended up looking for more geometrically-shaped rocks and found a perfect square, a triangle, an oval, and later found a circle. The way down the mountain was much quicker than the way up of course, and the sun was shining and it was almost warm - ok I'm going to go off subject a little bit here. What is the deal with cold weather in June?? Has anyone seen the forecast for tomorrow. The high is in the 50s!

Anyways, I had a great time on the hike. Thanks for coming Andrea and Julie! You guys are great!

5 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

I love hiking up to the waterfall. Thats one that I did with my grandpa a long time ago, but I love it...it is pretty chilly sitting by the falls though.

Erin said...

Where is this hike? Tell me how to get to the trailhead--it looks really fun!

Erin said...

yeah, i think i'm going to go on saturday or friday night. i hear it only takes about 40 minutes to get up there.

Janel said...

Emperor's New Groove! I win!

I wish I could have come with you guys. It sounded like fun.

Unknown said...

Raging river of death...the little kid on Emporer's New Groove!