Monday, June 16, 2008

A Great Weekend!

This weekend I once again got to cross 2 things off my To Do list! On Friday my ward went camping. I have been dying to go camping for a long time. I honestly don't think I've really been since before my mission, so I was pretty much ecstatic for this little trip. It was a lot of fun even though it was FREEZING cold. I didn't think it would be that bad since we were just up Ogden Canyon. But it was. However we didn't let that fanagle our fun. I shared a tent with my roomie Mary and our friend Susan (thanks for bringing the tent Susan!)

We:
- ate a wonderful dinner cooked by the guys (surprisingly I forgot to take a picture of my food)
- went on a bear hunt (that thing they do at Scout Camp; the guy in the middle of the picture is the leader and we all followed him)

- hung out by the fire pretty much the rest of the night, due to the freezing weather. One guy kept putting logs on the fire and kept it at a pretty good blaze. This picture really doesn't give justice to how big the fire really was.

The ground we slept on was amazingly comfortable. If it wouldn't have been cold, I think I would have gotten a good night's sleep. However, I think I've mentioned that it was freezing, so no matter how much the 3 of us cuddled, I still woke up every half hour from the frigid temperatures. Oh well, it's the experience that I really enjoy, and I always know that I won't get the best sleep of my life.

Saturday after getting home and taking a 3-hour nap I went to the hospital to play the piano for a couple of hours. You know, I've never been a big fan of hospitals, but I have to say that this one is probably the most relaxing hospital I've ever been in. Add to that the fact that I'm playing the most beautiful grand piano I've laid my fingers on, and I'm one happy clam. Two hours goes by way too fast. I guess sometime I should have my mom or someone take a picture of me there for the memories.

After that I went on a date ;) in which we had the best cheese fries ever, played ski ball and other fun games, won some bouncy balls, saw Iron Man (the other thing crossed off my list: go to a movie), and threw the bouncy balls in the parking garage. Really, how can it get better than bouncy balls?

Sunday was Father's Day, as everyone knows. Happy Father's Day Dad! We had a great dinner with all my favorite foods. Well, maybe not all of them. That would be way too much food. But we had steak, chicken, garlic-cheese mashed potatoes, rolls, cookies, and...oh yeah, there was corn too. Later we watched My Turn On Earth. Most of you have probably never heard of it, but it was a play/show thing from the 70s. It just came out on DVD at Deseret Book, so of course my mom had to buy it. We used to listen to the soundtrack all the time when we were little. Road trips with my family consisted of My Turn On Earth and Saturday's Warrior. And my mom used to sing one of the songs to us when we went to bed. So we have pretty good memories of this show, although this was the first time any of us had actually seen it. Wow. I'll just say that it was definitely made in the 70s. I think the favorite part for all of us was the little dance number in which everyone (guys included) had pom poms.

So that was my weekend. I'm back at work for the week, and as you can tell, I am currently working very hard. :)

2 comments:

Tyler said...

No camping trip is complete without the classic "snipe hunt". Anyone can hunt for bears...but it takes a true mountain man to find the prized snipe.

Tiff and Chris said...

Fun, I want to go camping! Hey, is that Susan Olsen?