Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lagoon: It's what FUN is!

So yesterday I went to Lagoon for like 10 1/2 hours and it was a blast! We started the day with Wicked, which probably had the longest line of the whole day:

We went roller coaster crazy for a little while, then got a little nauseated on The Rocket so we took a little break and took a picture of the stamp on our hands.

I don't know what it is about getting old that makes you sick on the good rides, but we kind of had to take it easy the rest of the day. We still rode all the good roller coasters and the Music Express and all that, but we rode some of the tamer rides in between. We went on the Sky Ride:

Saw the tigers from the train:

Rode the carousel:


And Rattlesnake Rapids twice. This was after our second time. It's hard to tell in the picture, but we were pretty much soaked.

A couple of funny things happened while standing in the lines. I don't know what we were doing, but little kids kept talking to us. We were in line for the bumper cars and this kid who was probably 9 or 10 turned to us and said, "So how are you guys doing today?" We said we were doing great and then he kept asking us questions like where we were from and stuff. It was so...odd. Nice kid though. Then later we were in line for Jet Star II and there were 2 little girls about the same age as the other kid, in front of us. One of them was doing the potty dance and she turned to me and said, "I have to go to the bathroom! We've been drinking soda all day!" Then the other girl started getting all hyper and Derek asked her if she'd ever had a Rockstar, and she said no, because they made her fall asleep because she has ADHD. She said all of this super fast and then they just went off about all the rides they had been on, and they were jumping up and down this whole time. They wore me out just watching them.

So we had fun. Lagoon is what fun is, after all. Thanks for going with me Derek! :)

6 comments:

Donna Jaco said...

Looks like you had a great time--great post!

Danika said...

I get sick now on some roller coasters too, and this was when I was 20! Guess I'm getting old too.

Lisa said...

Aw nuts! My dad has some shirts that he can't just send to the DI here they have to go out of the country cuz they have his company logo on them and they don't want people not in the company to wear them in the state... does that make sense?

Tiff and Chris said...

Good post! Hey, i have a question. I need to get out of something Thursday night and it requires and valid excuse...like a wedding invitation :) Do you or anyone you know happen to know of ANYONE getting married this weekend. I know this is SO random, but I know you have tons of peeps! Thanks much.

Tiff and Chris said...

Thats a good idea to photoshop one. I was thinking if I got a real one I might not feel as bad :)

Milly said...

I just gave you a blogging award. Come by my blog to receive it. Great post by the way. I don't think I have been to Lagoon since I was a Junior in HS. Crazy!