Friday, May 9, 2008

What exactly was I thinking?

I'm not sure.

So a couple of months ago my friend Malinda sent out a message on Facebook asking for volunteers for a fashion show that the DATC (Davis Applied Technology College) Cosmetology program is putting on. The words that caught me were "free haircut". Also free highlights, eyebrow wax, and the BEST part (sarcasm), modeling an outfit from a store in the mall AT the mall. Yikes. So not me. I really love my haircut though. I got it cut last night, and didn't take too much off since I had already gotten it cut back in March. Mostly trimmed and cut more of an A-line in the back. Love it!

Before:


After:



She also waxed my eyebrows (I have NEVER done anything to my eyebrows, so it hurt a little bit), and practiced my makeup for the show. Here I am after the makeup. Wowza! There will be a lot of lights. (And the pinkness in between my eyebrows is from the waxing, just so you know.)


On Tuesday I went to the mall to try on clothes and get an outfit for the show. I was assigned to Maurices, which I love. After about an hour, this is what we came up with:


I really like the shorts and might actually buy them afterwards (we don't get to keep the clothes unfortunately). So tonight is the dress rehearsal, and tomorrow is the real thing! It will be at the Layton Hills Mall at 1:00 in the center court downstairs. So right by all the jewelry stores the day before Mother's Day. Fabulous. Wish me luck! I hope I don't trip.

3 comments:

Donna Jaco said...

Haircut is gorgeous! Can we come to the dress rehearsal??

Milly said...

Break a leg! I don't know if that is applicable to modeling or just acting, but there it is anyways. Your haircut is super cute, I love it! Just think, you have a great story to tell everyone. YOU got to be in a fashion show. Oh the jobs you can get with that on your resume!

Annie said...

I also love your haircut! I can't wait to see it in person! I hope it went well (I'm sure it did) and I wish I could have been here. :)