Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fashion Show

Ok here are the pics finally. I'll go through a rundown of how the day went first.

7:30 am - arrived at the DATC for hair and makeup
9:30 am - got my hair done (I had to wait for my friend to do her other model first so she could go home and feed her baby).
10:45 am - got my makeup done (it was chaos in there)
12:00 pm - arrived at the mall, went to the secret holding room, got my clothes, changed, and got put in line
1:00 pm - Fashion show began
2:00 pm - Show ended

So it was kind of a long day. It was pretty fun though. I got to watch a lot of people get their hair and makeup done, which was kind of fun. We also had before and after pictures taken by a professional photographer. I think he said he's going to email them to us, so hopefully I'll get those soon.

The secret holding room at the mall was one of the offices downstairs; you get to them by going through a door in between Dairy Queen and Sensei. It was HOT down there. After eveyone was in their clothes (another chaotic event), we were led outside, back inside, down some stairs, and came out by Sports Authority and the kids' playplace. Then the show started! I actually got to go up there a couple of different times. The first time was with 2 other people so they could talk about extensions (I had pink clip-in extensions. They were totally sweet). The second time was when i actually modeled the clothes. We all had a 3x5 card to give to the MC so he could talk about what we were wearing as we walked. So I gave him my card and started walking, concentrating so hard that I forgot to smile! I realized it right when I walked off. Oh well. Real models never smile anyway right?

Then after eveyone had walked, we all walked through again, really quickly one after the other. Then we went back and changed, and finally we were free! I was so hot I had to get ice cream from Chick-Fil-A.

The holding room:

Before the show:

My hair:


The show:



So it was a pretty good experience. Definitely a story to tell.

3 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

Fun! I absolutely love your outfit! I would be so nervous to do somethhing like that...you look like a pro :)

Donna Jaco said...

You look fabulous!

Lesly :D said...

WOW!!!
that model is very pretty! but ohhhh is my friend Tawni, realmente te confundi con una modelo internacional, se te ve my bien amiguita, espero pronto poder verte alla en Utah o quizas aqui en Perù, las extraño mucho a Melody y a ti. Cuidate, tu amiga..... Lesly