Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy

So I feel like lately I've been kind of sarcastic and pessimistic, so I decided to list 100 things that make me happy or that I'm grateful for. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. sunny days
2. my nephews Luke and Hayden
3. all the people I met on my mission
4. strawberries
5. hearing people speak Spanish
6. spanish music
7. exercising (those little endorphins make me happy!)
8. chocolate
9. country swing dancing
10. Cafe Rio chicken tostadas
11. hanging out with friends
12. people who smile at me
13. praise
14. free food
15. the Gospel
16. playing the piano
17. babies
18. Gerber Daisies
19. my dog Maggie
20. walking on crunchy leaves
21. going to the zoo
22. sunsets
23. lying awake in bed early in the morning with nothing pressing to do
24. happy people
25. fruit snacks
26. looking at the scale and realizing I've lost weight!
27. going on walks
28. being able to walk
29. playing soccer
30. the smell of a soccer field. i know it sounds strange, but it brings back so many memories.
31. blue skies
32. seeing new places
33. reading
34. reading other people's blogs!
35. seeing old mission companions
36. weddings
37. looking at pictures
38. Jon Schmidt's music

Man, this is hard. This might take me a while.

39. cinnamon bears
40. playing outside with friends
41. watching tv with the fam
42. dancing in the rain
43. swimming
44. sitting outside in the hot sun with my eyes closed
45. taking naps
46. Sundays
47. Saturdays
48. and Fridays
49. basically the whole weekend
50. the laughter of children
51. scrapbooking
52. Forrest Gump - my fav movie of all time
53. scriptures
54. new clothes
55. cute jewelry
56. listening to people quote movies (I'm not very good at it, but I like to listen)
57. camping
58. roasting marshmallows
59. seeing people I haven't seen in a long time
60. the smell of rain
61. thunder
62. the sound of the ocean
63. Disneyland. The happiest place on Earth.
64. cuddling
65. awesome music videos like this one (if the link doesn't work, go to youtube.com and search for "Oh Go Treadmill Video"
66. serving other people
67. days off of work
68. spending time with my family
69. when boys are nice
70. the smell of brownies baking
71. Thanksgiving dinner
72. inside jokes
73. my brother's sense of humor
74. anything to do with New York
75. the opportunity I had to serve a mission
76. going to Real soccer games
77. Extreme Makeover Home Edition
78. lying on the grass and being lazy
79. watching horses run
80. counting money (from the credit union days I guess)
81. The Office
82. Homestarrunner.com
83. musicals
84. painting my nails
85. Christmas smells
86. birthdays
87. the smell of burning candles
88. the smell of matches after they're blown out
89. picnics
90. when it's warm in the morning
91. 4th of July
92. reading my mission journals
93. feeling like I look tan, even though I never do
94. being able to see and hear
95. midnight runs to Wendy's
96. playing the piano at the hospital
97. the feeling I get when I've done well at something
98. campfires
99. realizing what a small world it is because you know this person who knows that person that you know too - did that make sense?
100. just being alive!

Whew, I made it! I kind of got to the point where I just thought of really random things, but they really do all make me happy.

2 comments:

Milly said...

That is such a great list! Just reading it made me happy. Thanks for all the reminders.

Tiff and Chris said...

I LOVE roasting marshmellows! We have a burn ban here in texas so I can't over a campfire...maybe the grill would work? Good post!