Thursday, November 27, 2008

And if it so be that ye should labor all your days

My brother Colton opened his mission call last night! We were hoping it would come yesterday so his friends that are up at school could be here, and so Derek could be here for the break. My mom had a big map for everyone to put a sticker on where they thought he would go. I thought about putting my sticker on New York, but ended up putting it on Ghana because I had no idea where he would get called to.

With a family room full of supportive friends and family he opened his call.

He asked if he had to read it out loud and we practically screamed, "Yes!"

"You are called to serve in the New Hampshire Manchester mission!" (Sorry the picture isn't centered, I was holding a video camera in the other hand.)

Yay! I'm so excited for him. I think it will be the perfect place for him and it's really close to my mission! It also covers most of the area of where my grandpa served a long time ago, when it was the Eastern States Mission. He leaves on March 4th to go to the MTC. Congratulations Colton, you'll do great!

4 comments:

Donna Jaco said...

Lori Hooke came up with this, "Think when he is going: MARCH FO(U)RTH!" What a great date to enter the MTC and start a mission.

Amy said...

Yay! That is so exciting! I love missions, and think that everyone should have the opp. to serve a mission. Even if it can't be a full time "Called to Serve" mission, mini missions, and helping the missionaries are great missions. Yay for the Gospel and for your brother who will honorably serve!

Janel said...

Congratulations to your brother! That is so exciting!

Daniel said...

Congratulations Colton! That's awesome to hear.