Thursday, November 13, 2008

Last weekend

I know, it's almost the weekend again and I'm just barely getting to what we did last weekend. Oh well. It's been a pretty busy week. On Saturday we met with our wedding cake lady in the morning and got that all picked out. Then we went up to Logan so Derek ccould show me the apartment that he had looked at the day before (pics on our other blog). We ended up getting it and it worked out so fast! Then we went to the Logan temple since we were up there and ended up being put in a Spanish session! Derek speaks Korean so he had to wear the headphones, but I went in without them and understood everything, thanks to the mish. It was the first Spanish session I had ever done and I was so excited.

Afterwards we drove back down to Ogden to I could do my monthly piano playing at the hospital. I asked Derek to take a picture of me because I don't have any pictures of my there yet and I've been doing it for a year and a half, and who knows how much longer I'll be able to.

Then we met our friends Steve and Vanessa at Firehouse Pizza in Centerville. Yum, that is definitely my favorite restaurant. Derek and I split a chicken cordon bleu pizza, some focaccia bread, and of course a ph'zookie.


Then we all went to the Gateway so I could scout out some places for my bridals this Saturday. Vanessa was really helpful and found lots of good spots and even took our picture in all of them.


We followed our ritual and got a chocolate at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and then played a racing game at the arcade, which Derek won....usually I win the arcade racing games and he wins the Xbox racing games.

We finished off the night with hot chocolate and cider at Vanessa's condo. It was a really fun night and SO good to meet her finally. Steve has been telling Derek all about her and we finally got to do something with them. Thanks guys!

On Sunday we had dinner with our friends Nick and Lynette. They're the ones whose wedding we met at. So we just wanted to say thanks guys! Anyways, dinner was really yummy and afterwards we played a game called Mate something. It was so much fun and really hilarious. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. Thanks you guys for inviting us over!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Fun! Some couples forget to keep dating when they get engaged, I'm glad you too still know how to have a good time!
That's awesome that you play the piano at the hospital! How sweet!