Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas tag

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire post and paste into a new post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. 'Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually wrap gifts because they're so much more fun to open!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees and we used to get them when I was little. Now my family has and artificial one, and Derek and I both have artificial ones, but we'd like to get a real one some year.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually in the next few days after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? A couple days after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? No! Gross. Sorry for you eggnog lovers out there, but it just isn't good to me.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? my Cabbage Patch doll. She looked like me with blonde pigtails.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, just a regular one. I bought one in Guatemala for my mom and now I'm wishing I would have gotten one for me too.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Probably my mom.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Right now it's Derek because I have so many possibilities. In a few years after multiple birthdays and Christmases I'm sure that will change.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think there has ever been a bad one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Muppets Christmas Carol. Love it!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around October/November. Usually when I start thinking about what people would like.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hmmm cheese balls, cinnamon rolls, any Christmas treat from the neighbors.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, or a combination of both.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Christmas Shoes. The movie and book are also excellent. They always make me cry.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? My parents have an angel, but I like either one.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one present on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning. We have to wait for everyone and then sort them and take turns opening them starting with the youngest.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Dumb things like the Wal-Mart worker who got trampled to death in NY on Black Friday. Does Christmas have us in such a buying frenzy that we don't even notice if we're walking on someone?

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red/gold or blue/silver

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I like to pretty much have Thanksgiving dinner all over again. Or maybe steaks. Really good steak would be good.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Brown boots to wear to church. But I already know I'm getting them. :)

26. Who are you going to tag for this Christmas questionaire?? Everyone!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Down with eggnog! Terrible terrible stuff. :)

I'm diggin' the steak idea though.