Monday, July 7, 2008

Whatever happened to Squeezits?

I'm sure you can all remember your elementary school days when you scouted the cafeteria tables looking for the people with the good stuff. Trading sandwiches for chips and carrots for goldfish crackers was pretty big. But do you remember Squeezits??? Those awesomely fun plastic bottles with a small hole on top where the juice squeezes out and into your mouth? Well, they don't make them anymore, sadly enough. Apparently they were replaced by Kool-aid Bursts. But they taste and look exactly the same!

The reason I bring this up is because Derek and I were scouring the stores this weekend looking for Squeezits. I ended up googling it and found out that they are no longer in production :(. So we got some Kool-aid Bursts instead to try them out. We took them to the drive-in on Saturday and ta-da! A trip down memory lane.

We also got pizza from Dominos because I can't say no to fundraisers. I walked out of Wal-mart the other day and there were two guys outside selling Dominos coupon card things for their football team, so of course I bought one. So if anybody needs pizza and really wants Dominos, just let me know.

At the drive-in we saw Wall-E and Prince Caspian. They were both really really good! I recommend them to everybody. Especially if you have small children; I hear they really like Wall-E.

3 comments:

Donna Jaco said...

Looks like more than fun...we could maybe use Domino's.

Annie said...

I LOVED Squeeze-its! We used to get them all the time after soccer games. Oh, the memories. I'm sad they aren't made anymore. That's wrong on so many levels!

Janel said...

So... Derek is your... friend. I see how it is. :)

Once we get moved out we should have a party or something that you should come to so we can dish!