Thursday, July 3, 2008

Parade of Homes

Last night was Part 2 of my and Susan's home touring. We met in Centerville after I got off work and made our way up to Layton, going through 6 homes before we called it a night. There are a lot of pictures which are mostly for my benefit so I can remember the cool things I saw and what I really liked, so just bear with me.

House #1 - Centerville
This was a townhouse, which is going for around $230 I think. It's nice, but I don't know if I would pay that much when I could buy an actual house for the same price.

I really loved the color scheme of the whole place. Mostly greens and browns. The tile in the kitchen was really cool. It was kind of clearish.

The living room

House #2 - Farmington
This was a pretty nice house too, but there weren't a whole lot of things that made me go "wow".

I did like this clock.

The view of the living room from upstairs. I LOVE high ceilings.

House #3 - Fruit Heights
This house had some fun features, as you will see in all the pictures.

I was standing in the living room to take this picture. Through the window is the staircase. Who has a window in their living room wall? I thought it was pretty sweet.

This was my absolute favorite. I'm definitely keeping this in mind for when I have a house of my own. The first picture looks like just a normal piece of wood.

But then, you open it, and it's a spice rack! So cool! There's an identical one on the other side of the stove too. What a great idea.

The little girls' bathroom had a little step you could pull out for the small people.

This had to be my all-time favorite funny feature. This miniature toilet was in the little boy's bathroom. It's a real toilet and probably goes up to my knee.

The music room!

House #4 - Fruit Heights
This was a smaller house, nothing too special.

I did really like the colors. Greens and browns again.

House #5 - Fruit Heights/Kaysville
This house was huge! If you can see in the picture, it actually wraps around a little bit, I just couldn't get it all in from where I was standing. It had a humongous backyard too. I'm guessing that with the size of the house and the yard, it probably took up 3 lots.

Living room right inside the door. I took this picture because of the piano and the harp. I play the piano but I really really want to learn how to play the harp.

There was an awesome playroom upstairs, decorated with a "It's a Small World" theme. This was the playhouse, which had real stairs and a slide. It was like a building within a building (the other building being the real house of course).

A jewelry closet?

We asked the lady that was working there what the owners did for a living (because it's a $2 million home) and she said that the husband is an attorney and the wife used to teach ballroom dancing at BYU. So....this is their ballroom dance floor downstairs, complete with mirrors on the left (kind of cut out of the pic) and a nice bar to the right.

House #6 - Layton
This was just a nice house with some cool furniture.

A circle crib!

The living room with a view into the kitchen.

Argh! I had fun on the pirate bed.

So that was it for this visit. We're going again on Saturday, so stay tuned...

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

I love these pictures, Tawni! Keep posting! :)

Donna Jaco said...

I was thinking if you added 3 more things to your list you could re-label it "25 Things to do Before I Turn 25". One could even be to fly in an airplane, which you will do next week. ..
U