Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

I love the 4th of July, and this year was no exception. I had a blast! We started the day at 8:30 with breakfast at Derek's house with our families and some friends. After stuffing ourselves with the best pancakes, hash browns, sausage, bacon and eggs that I've ever had in my whole life, we went to the Layton parade. It was at the parade that I witnessed 3 things.

1) Derek wearing his Chinese hat that he got on his mission in Korea. He actually only wore it for a few seconds, just so I could take a picture.

2) Derek's dad. He didn't sit down the whole time. He danced, he yelled for candy, and he yelled at people in the parade to do somersaults. He actually got half of Northridge's cheerleaders to do standing back tucks in a line right in front of us. I got a picture of him dancing; you can kind of tell he's waving his arm.

3) The third thing I witnessed was...oh yeah, the parade.

Everybody at the parade:


Derek's dad looking happy after the parade was over. He had a great time!

After the parade, we walked through the park a little and got these gigantic snow cones. Mine was a small, the other two are larges. So while Derek and Steve battled endless brain freeze, I happily sipped away at my small snow cone.

After walking through the park for a little while, we decided to go see Hancock. Good movie, it would be better if some of the language was cut out. But it was good. Will Smith is a funny guy. Then Derek and I went over to my parent's house for a bbq. My mom has this funny tradition of making everyone wear these Statue of Liberty hat things every year so she can take a picture. I think this is the 3rd year that we've done this now.

We also made s'mores and I think we quoted Sandlot about 10 times while doing so. That is such a great movie.

Then Derek, Steve and I met Derek's family at the park for fireworks. They were stupendous! I forgot to take pictures there, but I figure this post already has plenty of them. Happy 4th of July everybody! Let freedom ring!

1 comment:

Janel said...

So Tawni... who's this Derek fella? I've seen him a couple times here on your blog. ;)