Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Branching out

Right before I left for Guatemala (more posts will be coming about that by the way), I told my boss that I would give in and try sushi after I got back. He and a bunch of others in the department love to walk over to Mikado's for lunch and get sushi. I went once and got ginger pork. I love trying new foods, but I have this thing about fish. I don't like it. My boss is always giving me a hard time about not liking seafood and such. To him, it's a great crime.

Anyways, so my first day back (yesterday) he reminded me of the commitment I had made. Then today they decided to hold me to it. They thought it was a good day, seeing as how Tuesday is 1/2 price sushi day at Mikado's. So we walked over and I got gyoza and then tried not one, but three different kinds of sushi (off of the others' plates). I tried a California Roll, a Caterpillar and....I can't remember what the other one was called, but it had eel in it. I was quite proud of myself for trying that many and not getting sick. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture! But here is a picture of what it looked like:

It's probably not something I would ever actually order, but at least I got through it without hurling and my boss can't make fun of me anymore.

2 comments:

Donna Jaco said...

Way to go!

Brea Marie said...

Seriously Tawni, you are such an inspiration! I wish I had the chance and time to be able to do the things you do. I would love to hear more about your trip. I bet you have some amazing stories. Keep setting a great example for the rest of us okay? Thanks for showing me more of our little world. You are wonderful!