Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!

For those who live in Utah, July 24th is celebrated as Pioneer Day. I unfortunately didn't have the day off, but I did take the morning off to go to Good Things Utah! It's kind of like Good Morning Utah or Good Morning America. My friend Julie got tickets so we all went. It was fun; it's the first time I've ever been on a TV set!

Us with the Animaniacs

With the ladies of Good Things Utah

Pretending we are the ladies of Good Things Utah

On the night of the 23rd there was a big parade and fireworks in Bountiful that Derek and I and some of his family went to. It was awesome! Definitely the best parade and fireworks I have ever been to.

Derek, who was on the ark float again? ;)

One of the ladies in my Guatemala group has a sister who lives down there. So while we were there, her sister's cook made a bunch of black refried beans for anyone who wanted to take some home with them. So for dinner last night, we had a Guatemalan meal, complete with the black beans (topped with crema, which is more Mexican than Guatemalan). It was so yummy!

2 comments:

Donna Jaco said...

You four girls look like you should be the next co-hosts on Good Morning Utah!

Brea Marie said...

Oh no!! I usually watch Good Things Utah every day, and sometimes I've even recorded it and I missed it for the parade. I wish I'd have known you were going, I would have recorded it. How fun! I can't wait to send in DaKoda's 1st birthday picture for their segment in only 2 weeks! Can you believe she'll be 1 already? Thanks for sharing your fun day.