Thursday, March 13, 2008

More Memories

Here are some more things I remember from my last 24 years:

1) Visiting Mom at Work - When we were younger my mom was (still is) a nurse and worked at Community Memorial Hospital. She didn't work a ton, maybe like once or twice a week or something, but a lot of the times that she worked we would go visit her during dinner time and she would eat with us in the cafeteria. I remember always wanting a cheeseburger, but they always made me get a grilled cheese; probably because it was cheaper. And it probably had fewer calories. When we left, my dad would always take us into the gift shop and get us a gummy thing (instead of a candy bar like we really wanted).

2) Driving - I don't remember exactly how old I was for this, but I must have been pretty small. Sometimes my dad would let me sit on his lap and "drive" while he was driving. Mom, you probably never knew about that. I think we only did it in neighborhoods, so it was safe :)

3) Mack's - This actually still happens every year. On Memorial Day we always go up to Tremonton to put flowers on my mom's mom's grave. Then it's our tradition to go to Mack's, a locally owned fast food place with the best burgers, fries, and fry sauce. They have a juke box, but I don't remember it ever working. Good food though. It's just not a trip to Tremonton without a stop at Mack's.

No comments: