Thursday, March 20, 2008

Are there any normal guys out there?

So last night I went country swing dancing at the Union Station in Ogden with my friend Stacey. I used to go almost every week last summer, but all my friends who used to go stopped going, so I stopped as well. It's a great workout and I really enjoy it EXCEPT when the weirdos start coming around. There are always a couple there, and for some reason they're really hard to avoid. Last summer it was Brandon, a handicapped guy that will ask you out, ask for your number, ask you to dance 4 times in a row....that's one bad thing about being a girl.

Last night I had encounters with two of the aforementioned weirdos. The first was named Maguyver (MacGuyver?) or however you spell it. The name was on his t-shirt too, but I just can't spell today. He had some kind of handicap as well. I had just barely gotten there and was standing near the front against the wall (because I like being a wallflower), and he was standing sort of near me. Next thing I know, there's a hand stuck in front of my and a voice says, "Hi, I'm MacGuyver, what's your name?" So I told him, and then he asked me if I had ever been to Disneyland. He's been three times. Then he asked if I met Mickey Mouse. No, I don't think so. Then he pointed to his watch and said, "Well here he is!" He had a Mickey Mouse watch. Then, he asked me for my number. I didn't want to get in that kind of situation, so I told him I don't give out my number at places like that. He didn't back down at first, but I kept refusing...then he asked me to dance.

Weird guy #2 - Jordan. Seemed normal, though a little slow, at first. Then about halfway through the song we were dancing to (which was a slow song - they played way too many of those last night), he said, "So I'm totally going to ask you for your number." Okaaayyyyy. Here's how the rest of the conversation went:

Me: Um, ok
Him: Do you have your phone with you?
Me: No it's in my car
Him: Oh ok. I was going to ask if you could just call my phone cuz I'm too lazy to get it out.
Me: Oh. Sorry.
Him: So what are you doing tomorrow?
Me: Um, I'm supposed to be hanging out with my roommate.
- Song ends, he whips out his phone -
Him: How do you spell your name?
Me: T-a-w-n-i (I even gave him the correct spelling! What's wrong with me?)
Him: And your number?
Then I gave him my CORRECT number.
Him: You better not be playing with me.
Me: No, that really is my number.
Him: Cool, I'll totally hit you up

Aauuuggghhh! He asked Stacey to dance later, after I left, and he did the same thing to her, although she was smart enough to give him a fake number. Then he told her that he would totally hit her up and if it was wrong he would be p-o-ed.

I'm sure there have to be normal guys out there, but where are they???

3 comments:

Donna Jaco said...

Ahhhhh.......sigh...........
Somewhere out there.....

Melody said...

I dunno.. I ended up with a weirdo just cuz I was so desperate. TOTALLY KIDDING! I know how you feel though. I've been there! We all have!! Except for maybe those girls that got married when they were like 18. But anyway, you'll find him. I didn't think I would but I did. You will too. So has he called you yet?

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Whenever you find the stash of normal guys, will you let me know! Thanks.