Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Home, New Life

So ever since I moved to Salt Lake, I've been postponing the inevitable change of wards because....well, because I don't like change I guess. I was really comfortable in my Ogden ward and knew pretty much everybody. I also haven't been doing much to get to know new people closer to where I live. But this last weekend things started to change a little bit. On Saturday night Brittany Adams invited me to come to a party with her that was for a bunch of people in the ward she recently started attending (down at the U). I went and it was pretty much a huge step for both of us because neither of us knew anybody. But it was actually a lot of fun and we met a lot of people. So on Sunday I went with her to that ward, and discovered I knew even more people because a few members of my old ward had started going there (the members are mostly from Ogden to Centerville). Then I decided to just go ahead and take the full plunge and I went to their FHE on Monday night all by myself (Brittany had to work). It turned out ok, and now I think I have finally found the ward to transfer my records to. Good thing because my tithing checks are building up in my checkbook :)

No comments: