Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mission Reunion

Last Friday, October 5th (which just happened to be my year and a half mark home from the mish) I had a mission reunion. It was so much fun! It's so crazy to see missionaries as "real people" and there were a lot there that I worked with. President and Sister Morrow were there and they spoke to us in the chapel; Sister Morrow did her usual Top 10; this time it was the top 10 things we miss about New York. President Morrow talked to us about covenants (some things never change) and a newly sealed convert couple from Flushing, Queens bore their testimonies. It was very sweet; they had just been sealed in the Salt Lake Temple that afternoon. Then we went into the cultural hall and ate chili and socialized. Here are a few pictures:

Left: Me and Sister Collier, my favorite comp in Richmond Hill, Queens.
Right: Me and Sister Ivanova, my "eternal" mission companion. We lived together/were in the same zone/were companions for our whole mission except the first 3 months.





Left: Sisters Kim, Zambrin, Zufelt, me, and Miles

Right: Part of the MTC district - me, O'Donahue, Lee, and Marsh






Part of my last district in Rego Park, Queens: Cordova, me, and Knapp

1 comment:

Danika said...

Looks like fun! Dan's never had a mission reunion, I bet they're a lot of fun!