Monday, January 14, 2008

Jon Schmidt!!!

Last Wednesday, January 9 my company held their annual banquet/awards night at the U of U Rice Eccles Stadium. The food was YUMMY, but surprisingly that wasn't the best part. Near the end of dinner, our CEO announced that Jon Schmidt would be providing the entertainment for the evening! I just about flipped from excitement. I guess he played for them last year too, but I didn't know that. The best part was that my table just happened to be right next to the piano - talk about your private concert. Here are a couple of shots of him playing:

Here is the famous upside-down song.











His fingers were flying!

He only played 5 or 6 songs, but it was still awesome! He even played my favorite, Pachelbel Meets U2. While he was playing I kept thinking it would be way cool to get my picture taken with him, but I didn't know if it would work out. As soon as he was done, he walked away and I was quite disappointed but I said, Oh well. Then after I got up and was walking past the tables, all of a sudden he was in front of my face. Without thinking I blurted out, "Can I take a picture with you?" He looked a little surprised, but he said "Of course." So here we are:



My dream come true!

No comments: